Leila’s perusing and amuse-bouche-ing around Edinburgh, Scotland
Food blogger, est. 2009.
Having conquered some of my childhood food fears (mushrooms, seafood et al.) I started up my blog as a way of combining an obsession with good food, restaurants and cooking, with that of writing. Since graduating waaay back in 1998, my working career has mainly been centered around the hospitality industry in everything from fine dining restaurants, quirky cafes, ground-breaking cocktail bars and private members’ clubs, and more recently food & drinks brands. Events, marketing, press relations and some solid graft cooking and serving food have led to a true understanding of what makes restaurants and bars ‘tick’. As a reviewer, I bring an honest and understanding approach to what I do.
My ultimate bugbears are unnecessarily long menus, typos, disinterested front-of-house staff, dirty glassware and tragic loos. I am pleased to say I’ve rarely found anywhere that suffered from all of the above!
Married to The Silver Fox, mummy to Felix the cub, blogger and lover of social media. I like commas and hate rogue apostrophes. Tea Jenny. Gin soak. By day, senior scribbler at www.getlux.co.uk.
Feel free to drop me a line of hello at leilappetit (at) gmail.com
ps in case anyone’s wondering, it’s pronounced Ly-Lah.
A few highlights via the blog:
- Writing for Edinburgh’s Bite Magazine since 2010 (including the Gourmet Girl column 2011-2013)
- Time Out Blogger from 2015.
- Writing for World’s Best Bars site
- Featuring as the ‘in the know’ local foodie for the Edinburgh episode in Channel 5’s ‘The Restaurant Inspector’
- Featuring in Canadian TV show ‘Tammy UK’ Edinburgh episode 2013
- Every morsel of well-cooked food I’ve had the pleasure to eat since I started.